Foreign Travel


Due to the risks associated with international travel, the University requires the purchase of Foreign Travel Liability Insurance through the California State University Risk Management Authority (CSURMA). University Auxiliaries and Extended Education have also adopted this requirement. Faculty and staff can apply for this insurance by requesting it through the online Foreign Travel Database.  Students apply by contacting International Programs and Global Engagement.

Foreign Travel Liability Insurance premiums for University sponsored foreign travel will be paid as an all-University expense, unless otherwise directed. All non-CSUF individuals traveling internationally on a trip or program sponsored by a campus Auxiliary or Extended Education are responsible for paying their insurance premiums. Premiums are calculated according to length of stay, and begins once traveler departs from the U.S. and expires when the traveler returns to the U.S.