Filing a Workers' Comp Claim

Submitting the Report of Employee/Volunteer Injury/IllnessPDF File Opens in new window form does not file a claim for workers' compensation benefits.

After receiving your Injury Report, the CSUF Workers' Compensation Office will monitor your medical treatment to determine if level of care exceeds first aid treatment.

  • First aid treatment may be appropriate treatment and is not considered a workers' compensation benefit even though first aid costs will be paid by the University.
  • If medical treatment exceeds first aid treatment at the initial or subsequent medical visits, Workers' Compensation will send you a State of California Workers' Compensation Claim Form (DWC-1)PDF File Opens in new window if you have not received one from your supervisor.

If you wish to initiate a claim:

  • Complete and sign the Employee portion of the DWC-1 form. Describe your injury or illness completely. Include every affected part of your body.
  • Make a copy of the form for your records.
  • For expediency, fax a copy of the form to Workers' Compensation: (657) 278-1279.
  • Mail the original form to Workers' Compensation, CP 700. By returning the DWC-1 form, you are actually filing a claim for workers' compensation benefits.