Loss or Damage to University Property

Although the University maintains property insurance to cover losses to buildings, roadways and other infrastructure due to perils such as fire and flood, the University does not maintain insurance to cover losses to department and unit property such as music instruments, fine art, lap tops, servers, copiers, computers and other equipment. Insurance is available to protect these items; however, departments or units must pay for this coverage. To obtain a quote for Personal Property Insurance, please e-mail the following information to Diana Ruiz druiz@fullerton.edu extension 7346:

  • Description of the item(s) to be insured
  • Value of the item(s) to be insured
  • Length of time the item(s) need to be insured

In most instances, your request will be completed within ten working days.