Cal State Fullerton has a long-standing commitment to provide a campus that is safe and secure for faculty, staff, students, and visitors. Behavior that is threatening, harassing, intimidating or in any way dangerous or violent is strictly prohibited and will result in serious action by the University. While no large organization is immune from acts of violence, clear policies and procedures help reduce the likelihood of such events and guide appropriate responses to situations that do arise.
- University Policy Concerning Violence in the Workplace
The Presidential Directive 8 is the University Policy Concerning Violence in the Workplace .
- Handling a Potentially Violent Confrontation
- Recognition of Individuals with the Potential for Workplace Violence
- Reporting Acts or Threats of Workplace Violence
- Shelter in Place
Certain emergencies such as an active shooter, hazardous material spill, or criminal activity, University Police will notify campus personnel by loud speakers, text messages and building announcements. You may be asked to Shelter in Place . Review these procedures before this type of event is called.
- Terrorism Preparation
The American Red Cross has published information on Terrorism: Preparation for the Unexpected .
- Violence Prevention Brochure
- Workplace Violence Program