Employee Separation & Property Clearance
When staff, MPP or full-time faculty voluntarily resign from his/her employment with the University or employment contracts end, employees will log-on to the Faculty/Staff Separation site https://my.fullerton.edu/Employee to initiate a five-step technology-assisted * Employee Separation and Property Clearance process. Steps include:
- Complete a web-based Separation Form.
- Complete and provide a formal Resignation Letter to appropriate administrator (for staff this is the first-level manager in Management Personnel Plan to whom the employee reports) or Department Chair.
- Complete Notice of Separation and final attendance forms.
- Contact designated departments about returning resources and property in their possession and pay any financial obligations. This includes the return of procurement cards and the final reconciliation of all outstanding procurement card statements. All property and resources must be returned to the appropriate department or the employee’s appropriate administrator/Department Chair.
- Meet with appropriate administrator or Department Chair to complete Employee Separation Checklist.
- OPTIONAL Participate in a confidential Exit Survey and/or request Exit Interview
* If an employee cannot complete the process using a computer, faculty should contact your Department Chair (faculty) or your first level manager in the MPP (staff) or HR for assistance.