Travel to High Hazard and State Department Travel Warning Sites

The University and/or Chancellor's Office will determine if a specific country is designated as "high hazard". To ensure approval:

  • Requests for such approval must be made at least 45 days prior to departure.
  • Those traveling internationally are required to have foreign travel insurance.
  • All persons traveling to high hazard areas are required to register with STEP-Smart Traveler Enrollment Program.Opens in new window

The Chancellor's Office has the final approval authority on travel to high hazard locations. You can find general information on high hazard countries at the U.S. State Departments website.Opens in new window

High Hazardous Country ListOpens in new window