The University participates in the California State University Risk Management Authority’s pooled group insurance programs for General Liability, Master Property, Student Travel and Athletic Injury Medical Expense coverages. These insurances, and others, are listed below under Types of Insurance Coverage.
Unless otherwise noted, please contact University Risk Management for all insurance needs and inquiries at 657-278-7346.
- Types of Insurance Coverage
- Request an Insurance Quote for International Travel, Special Events, Personal Property, and Collision/Comprehensive
- Report an Automobile Accident
- Report a Significant Property Loss Acts such as fire, flood or vandalism that result in severe property damage should be reported as soon as possible to the Office of University Risk Management. For losses occurring on the weekend, call University Police at extension 2515.
- CSU Contract Insurance Requirements
Insurance requirements for contractors can be found at the Contracts and Procurement website.
- Request a Certification of Insurance or Endorsement
If you need a Certificate of Insurance or Endorsement, please go to the Certification of Insurance site.
- Insuring University Equipment Taken Off-Campus
If you take University equipment such as a laptop, iPad, and phone off campus, most of these items cannot be insured. The campus deductible is $1000. CSUF/IT will not repair or replace this equipment unless the cost is paid by either the department or the individual user.
To learn how to protect and retrieve your lost or stolen property, please see review the document on How to Protect your Laptop, iPad or Phone.