Employee Separation & Property Clearance
When staff, MPP or full-time faculty voluntarily resign from his/her employment with the University or employment contracts end, employees will log-on to the Faculty/Staff Separation site https://my.fullerton.edu/Employee to initiate a five-step technology-assisted * Employee Separation and Property Clearance process. Steps include:
- Complete a web-based Separation Form.
- Complete and provide a formal Resignation Letter to appropriate administrator (for staff this is the first-level manager in Management Personnel Plan to whom the employee reports) or Department Chair.
- Complete Notice of Separation and final attendance forms.
- Contact designated departments about returning resources and property in her/his possession and pay any financial obligations. All property and resources must be returned to the appropriate department or the employee’s appropriate administrator/Department Chair.
- Meet with appropriate administrator or Department Chair to complete Employee Separation Checklist.
- OPTIONAL Participate in a confidential Exit Survey and/or request Exit Interview
* If an employee cannot complete the process using a computer, faculty should contact your Department Chair (faculty) or your first level manager in the MPP (staff) or HR for assistance.
Below are the forms used in this process:
- Separation Form
Resignation Letter Template
Note: It is not necessary for a temporary employee to complete a resignation letter unless his/her appointment is ending prior to the original end date and he/she is initiating the separation.
- Notice of Separation Form (e-Form)
- Property Clearance Form
Management & Department Chair Instructions
- PowerPoint Presentation