CSU Benefits Open Enrollment September 12 to October 7, 2016
The Open Enrollment period is your annual opportunity to review and update your current benefits for the upcoming year. You can enroll, change or cancel CalPERS health, dental, vision, Flexcash, Dependent Care Reimbursement (DCRA), Health Care Reimbursement (HCRA) or voluntary benefits plans.
We encourage you to take this opportunity to review all benefits plan options and costs before making any enrollment decisions for yourself and family members. For comprehensive, up-to-date information visit: https://csyou.calstate.edu/openenrollment
The effective date for all changes made during the Open Enrollment period will be January 1, 2017.
To Request an Open Enrollment Change
You can submit your changes online via the campus Portal using the following steps:
- Portal /Titan Online/Employee Self Service/My Benefits Information and
- Click on Open Enrollment
No action is necessary if you don’t need to make a change.
Health Plan Rates
Find Benefits Info Fast
Important Changes for 2017
- Blue Shield NetValue (HMO) is no longer being offered. Employees currently enrolled will be moved to Blue Shield Access+ for 2017 unless an alternate plan is selected during Open Enrollment.
- Optum Rx will be the new pharmacy benefits manager for all of CalPERS' health plans, except Kaiser and Blue Shield.
Flexible Spending Account Reminder
All employees must complete a Heath Care/Dependent Care Reimbursement Account Plans Enrollment Authorization form to enroll in either program for 2017 regardless of participation in 2016.
Guarantee Issue Opportunity during this Open Enrollment Period
- The Standard Insurance will allow employees the opportunity to enroll or increase Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance up to $100,000 (for employee only) of coverage without providing Evidence of Insurability. However, prior declined employees will need to provide satisfactory Evidence of Insurability.
- Aflac Critical Care Illness Insurance will afford employees with the opportunity to enroll or increase Group Critical Illness with coverage up to $20,000 for employee only, and $10,000 of coverage for their spouse/domestic partner without providing Evidence of Insurability.