2015/2016 CBA Salary Program Update
The following is a summary of the highlights of the faculty salary program for fiscal year 2015/2016, based on the new Collective Bargaining Agreement reached between the CFA and the CSU which was ratified by the CSU Board of Trustees on May 24, 2016 and will remain in effect through June 30, 2018:
NO RETROACTIVE INCREASES
A. GENERAL SALARY INCREASE
a. GENERAL SALARY INCREASE -1 Effective June 30, 2016:
- All Unit 3 faculty (tenure-line, lecturers, counselors, librarians and coaches) on active pay status or on leave will receive a 5.0% GSI via a mass update by the State Controller’s Office (SCO) as of 11:59 pm.
b. GENERAL SALARY INCREASE -2 Effective July 1, 2016:
- All Unit 3 faculty (tenure-line, lecturers, counselors, librarians and coaches) on active pay status or on leave will receive a 2.0% GSI via a mass update by the SCO
c. GENERAL INFORMATION THAT APPLIES TO GSI IMPLEMENTATION:
- The compounded base pay increases will be incorporated into the July 2016 pay warrant to be issued on August 1, 2016.
- Faculty who held Unit 3 appointments in AY 2015/2016 but who are not active or on leave on the date of the GSI are eligible for the GSI at the time of reappointment, if reappointed into the same class and range at the same campus in AY 2016/2017. These increases will be manually keyed by the campuses.
- Faculty appointed after July 1, 2016 must be hired at a salary no lower than the new range/rank CSU salary minimum. New faculty salaries are being reviewed on a case-by-case basis. If an adjustment is approved the faculty will be notified prior to the beginning of the semester.
- The summer 2016 GSI will not impact salary rates for appointments in the summer self-support classifications 2357 or 2457.
- When mass updates are run, a small number of payments may suspend from the automated process and require further analysis. These payments may require additional time for manual processing by the SCO or by Payroll Services.
B. PROMOTION INCREASE Effective July 1, 2016
- The minimum promotion increase will be 9% (rather than the former 7.5% increase) upon the effective date of promotion.
- The new salary after promotion may not be below the minimum salary range for the new ran.
C. EXTENDED UNIVERSITY, EXTENSION FOR-CREDIT CLASSIFICATIONS INCREASE
- The salary rates for classifications 2322 and 2323, including low enrollment Special Schedule rates, will be increased by 5%, followed by an increase of 2%, effective July 1, 2016.
Further updates on the implementation of salary increases will be provided as new information is received.
The 2017/2018 increases will be addressed in a future announcement.
Please check back for future updates