EDUCATIONAL LEADERSHIP/P-12 PROGRAMS
The College of Education at California State University, Fullerton, a nationally recognized Hispanic serving institution (HSI), invites applications for a tenure-track position in the Department of Educational Leadership, for an Assistant/Associate Professor in Educational Leadership.
The Department of Educational Leadership at CSU Fullerton is committed to just, equitable, and inclusive education, the application of theory to practice, and leadership for change. The department consists of a dynamic and diverse group of faculty scholars and scholar-practitioners who thrive on collaboration, innovative ideas, and engaged scholarship. The faculty work together to prepare educational leaders in several P-12 programs:
- Masters of Science degree in P-12 Educational Administration and the Preliminary Services Administrative Credential
- Clear Administrative Services Credential
- Ed.D. with specializations in P-12 Leadership
In excess of 280 students are currently enrolled in these programs from a variety of school districts in Southern California. All P-12 programs of the College are CTC and/or NCATE accredited. The department is host to the Center for Research on Educational Access and Leadership (C-REAL), which maintains an active portfolio of research projects and grants.
We are seeking a faculty member with experience providing leadership to enhance instruction and student learning. We seek a scholar/practitioner whose work focuses on how educators improve teaching and learning by making full use of this range of leadership talent distributed across their organizations. This individual can play a central role in co-building, together with local school districts, a program focused on educational leaders’ ongoing learning and their leadership for instructional quality.
The successful candidate will:
- Play a central role in shaping a program focused on leadership for instruction and school leadership.
- Teach graduate courses in P-12 programs to a range of students, which might include certificate, credential, masters, and/or doctoral.
- Teach and develop course in online, hybrid, and face-to-face formats in the evenings and/or occasional weekends.
- Work with district partners to recruit students, maintain feedback loops for program quality, and collaborate on research and program development.
- Generate a research agenda focused on one or more of the following: school leadership, leadership for instruction, and/or leadership for technology integration, and organizational leadership. Regardless of the specific topic, all research should seek to improve educational equity.
- Actively collaborate in department, college, and university affairs.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- An earned doctorate in education or related field from an accredited institution by appointment date.
- Administrative experience in P-12 setting. Experience that is related to the leadership of instruction and/or school leadership, including a deep understanding of districts’ professional development needs for school leaders– i.e., working with student data, leading peers in change processes, guiding inquiry and formative assessment practices, ability to work with district partners, etc…
- The ability to build a research agenda or have established scholarship in one or more of the following areas: school leadership, leadership for instruction, and/or leadership for technology integration, with a focus on improving educational equity.
- For appointment at Associate Professor, must have an established record of scholarship.
- Experience integrating technology in their instruction, research, leadership and/or professional practice.
- Passion for and demonstrated commitment to improving the educational opportunities and outcomes of ethnically, culturally, and linguistically diverse communities.
- A California Administrative Services Credential (or equivalent) with successful site or district leadership experience.
- Successful experience designing courses and conducting instruction in online/hybrid formats.
- Demonstrated success teaching and advising masters and/or doctoral level courses, including participation in dissertation committees.
- Leadership in technology integration to enhance graduate courses.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Rank and Salary
The position is at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, tenure-track. The salary is competitive and commensurate with rank, experience, and qualifications. Periodic salary adjustments are enacted by the state legislature. Moving expenses, start-up funds, and summer teaching opportunities may be available. CSU Fullerton offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes health/vision/dental plans; spouse, domestic partner and/or dependent fee-waiver; access to campus child-care as well as an affordable housing program; and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system, along with optional tax-sheltering opportunities. For a detailed description of benefits, go to: http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.php
Fall (August) 2018
A complete on-line application must be received by electronic submission in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 9905BR to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
- Letter of interest (specifically relating your experience to the required and desired qualifications and experiences)
- Diversity statement (see prompt below)
- Curriculum vitae
- Names and contact information of three references who can provide letters upon request (see instruction below)
- Sample publication(s) and/or sample documentation that reflect skills, knowledge, and/or interests in educational leadership
- Graduate transcripts will be requested after initial paper screening
On the references page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. They will immediately receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back in to the recruitment system.
Diversity Statement Prompt
Diversity is a defining feature of California's past, present, and future. Increasing the diversity of our educators to better reflect the population of California is just one aspect of the College of Education's dedication to just, equitable and inclusive education. Diversity refers to the variety of personal experiences, values, and worldviews that arise from differences of culture and circumstance. Such differences include race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, language, abilities/disabilities, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, geographic region, and more.
The diversity statement should focus on your commitment to just, equitable and inclusive education. This statement can take several different forms and may address:
- your contribution to issues of diversity.
- your experiences with a diverse range of students.
- how you incorporate diversity into your teaching materials and methods or in your research.
- how you have personally experienced diversity.
- your experiences and/or qualifications that enhance your ability to work with diverse groups.
For questions related specifically to application materials, please contact Shannon Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions related to the Department Search process, please contact Dr. Daniel Choi at email@example.com
To be ensured of full consideration, application materials are due by December 1, 2017. Application review will continue until position is filled.
Multiple positions may be hired from this recruitment based on the strength of the applicant pool.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.