The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at California State University, Fullerton, invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant/Associate Professor beginning in August 2018. CSUF values and is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse community. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate through their teaching, research or service that they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community.
Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate/graduate courses in communication sciences and disorders with an emphasis in voice science and disorders. Faculty members are expected to engage in a systematic program of scholarly research, actively participate in faculty governance, serve on committees, develop curriculum, provide academic advisement, and engage in activities that benefit the University/community.
- Doctorate in speech-language pathology, speech science, or its equivalent (primary expertise in voice science and disorders and additional expertise in at least one of the following areas: swallowing, cleft palate and craniofacial disorders or pediatric medical speech-language pathology, research methods, speech science); outstanding candidates in other areas of expertise will be considered; ABD considered but must have doctorate completed before appointment date.
- Earned ASHA CCC-SLP and qualified for immediate California licensure in speech-language pathology.
- Experience and evidence of teaching effectiveness in the area of voice disorders.
- Evidence of research potential leading to scholarly publications in the area of voice science and disorders.
- Must have an established record of research productivity and clinical expertise to be appointed at the associate level.
- Demonstrated teaching experience and commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population.
- Must be able to interact successfully within a diverse academic learning community with a strong global orientation.
- Able to work harmoniously with students, staff, and colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
- Research that integrates evidence-based practice
- Experience in clinical supervision in the university setting or with students in programs
- Demonstrated awareness and sensitivity to all aspects of cultural diversity/difference
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Rank and Salary
This is a tenure-track position at Assistant or Associate Professor level. Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with rank, experience and qualifications. Summer research grants, moving expenses, start-up funds, and a reduced teaching load may be available. An excellent comprehensive benefits package is available, which includes health, vision and dental plans; spouse, domestic partner and/or dependent fee waiver; access to campus child-care; and a defined-benefit retirement plan provided through the state system, along with optional tax-sheltering opportunities. For a summary of the description of benefits, go to http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.php
August 2018 or later
A complete online application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 9691BR to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
- A cover letter describing the qualifications for the position, evidence of teaching effectiveness, such as student ratings of instruction, a student success statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in teaching or working with a diverse student population
- A current curriculum vitae
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation (see instruction below)
On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. They will immediately receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back in to the recruitment system.
Please direct all questions about the position to: Dr. Kurt Kitselman, Search Committee Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application review begins October 15, 2017 and will continue until the position is filled.
Multiple positions may be hired from this recruitment based on the strength of the applicant pool.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.