Director, Athletic Training Program
The Department of Kinesiology invites applications for a tenure-track position (open rank) in Athletic Training (10-month academic year appointment). We seek an individual to serve as the program director and further enhance the mission of an established athletic training program. We are especially interested in candidates who want to contribute to the diversity and excellence of our campus community. The faculty member should appreciate an inclusive perspective in their interactions with students, faculty colleagues, and administrators. The faculty member would join faculty and a campus community that values collegiality and collaboration.
The faculty responsibilities include:
- Serving as the Director of the CAATE-accredited professional athletic training program.
- Teaching athletic training courses, with possible teaching assignments in related areas.
- Conducting and publishing research/scholarly activities in area(s) of expertise.
- Collaborating with AT faculty in the maintenance and advancement of the AT Program.
- Advising students in their academic degree pursuits and career development plans.
- Directing graduate students with theses, projects and/or comprehensive exams.
- Providing professional service to the University, as well as the profession and/or community.
- Doctorate in kinesiology, exercise science, or related area.
- ABD considered; degree required by appointment.
- Certification and good standing with the Board of Certification, Inc.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully teach a breadth of post-secondary AT related courses.
- Focused scholarly agenda with record of research publications and presentations.
- Record of professional, university, or community leadership and/or service.
- Contemporary expertise in athletic training education and the profession.
- Previous clinical athletic training experience.
- Experience in AT program administration and/or leadership role.
- History of or potential to develop/obtain grants and external funding.
- Effective and collegial interactions across campus and community populations.
A background check (including criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a CSU position. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The Department of Kinesiology (~1,700 majors) offers a BS degree in Athletic Training, as well as BS and MS degrees in Kinesiology. The proposal for the transition to a professional MS in Athletic Training (MSAT) is currently under review. The Department houses modern research/teaching facilities including Biomechanics, Exercise Physiology, Motor Behavior, and Human Performance Labs, among others. Opportunities for collaboration are available through various research centers, including the Center for Sport Performance, the Center for Successful Aging, and others. Additional information is available at Athletic Training Program (http://hhd.fullerton.edu/at), Kinesiology (http://hhd.fullerton.edu/knes/), College of Health & Human Development (http://hhd.fullerton.edu), and CSU Fullerton (http://www.fullerton.edu).
Rank & Salary
This is a tenure-track, full time position (10-month academic year) at the rank of Assistant, Associate, or Professor. Salary is competitive and commensurate with rank, experience and qualifications. The salary is subject to budgetary authorization and any California State University System faculty contract increases. The excellent comprehensive benefits package includes health/vision/dental plans; spouse, domestic partner and/or dependent fee-waiver; access to campus child care; and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system, along with tax sheltering opportunities. For a detailed description of benefits, go to http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.php
A complete online application must be submitted to receive consideration. To apply, please go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment and select 9625BR to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
- A letter of interest relating your experience to the listed qualifications
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial graduate transcripts
- Recent publications (up to five)
- Record of teaching experience and evaluations (from past three years)
- Diversity statement*
- Three letters of reference** (be sure recommendations minimally address the areas below)
- potential to work in/with a diverse campus community
- history of quality campus/community interpersonal interactions
- potential to obtain internal/external grants and collaborate in scholarship
- promise as an academic program director/leader
* This statement should provide an understanding of your capabilities to address diversity in support of CSUF’s underrepresented and community populations. Please discuss how you have addressed diversity in your teaching, research, and/or service such that the committee can assess your ability to contribute to our campus in this area.
** On the Reference page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents to a confidential letter of reference for your application. They will immediately receive an email request along with information on uploading their letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back in to the recruitment system.
For more information about the position, please contact Dr. Robert Kersey, Search Committee Chair at email@example.com or (657) 278-2676.
To receive full consideration, all application materials must be submitted by October 2, 2017. The position will remain open until filled.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.