Assistant Coach (10 Month)
- Assist with coaching a highly competitive men’s basketball program which competes in the NCAA Division I Big West Conference
- Assist with recruiting Division I quality student-athletes
- Assist with monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes
- Assist with team practice and competition
- Know and abide by NCAA, University & Big West rules and regulations
- Scout and conduct statistical analysis of recruits and opponents
- Assist with conditioning during the off season
- Take an active role in marketing men’s basketball on campus and within the community through public appearances and promotional efforts
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three years’ experience working with a Division I men’s basketball program required
- Ability to recruit highly skilled student-athletes and a demonstrated commitment to their satisfactory academic progress
- Knowledge of various scouting and video editing software systems
- Possession of excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to interact successfully with a wide and culturally diverse range of students and to work harmoniously with students and colleagues
- A background check (including criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Rank & Salary
The classification for this position is Coaching Assistant, and is in the faculty bargaining unit. This is a 10-month, full time position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. CSU Fullerton offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes health/vision/dental plans and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system. For a detailed description of faculty benefits go to: http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.php
A complete online application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 9524BR to begin the application process and upload the following materials:
1. letter of application
3. three letters of recommendation
4. names/addresses/phone numbers of three current professional references
Do not enter information on the Reference page of the online application.
Application review will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.