Assistant Director of Forensics/Lecturer
(Two-Year Appointment, Non-Tenure-Track)
The Department of Human Communication Studies at California State University, Fullerton seeks a Lecturer to serve as Assistant Director of Forensics beginning in August 2017. The lecturer's primary teaching area is in forensics education. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to coaching policy debate (NDT and CEDA), traveling to regional and national debate tournaments, transporting students to and from tournament locations, assisting in the hosting and the administration of intercollegiate and high school forensics tournaments. Desirable secondary areas include argumentation, non-policy debate, and public speaking. Faculty members are expected to participate in faculty governance and engage in University/community service at a level commensurate with the position.
- An earned M.A. in Communication Studies or its direct equivalent is required.
- Minimum 3 years coaching experience in policy debate (NDT and CEDA).
- Experience required in the administration of all phases of both intercollegiate and high school forensics tournaments and in operating summer forensic institutes.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide and culturally diverse range of students and colleagues is required.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Rank and Salary
This is a non-tenure-track position at the rank of Lecturer. Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with the experience and qualifications. An excellent and comprehensive benefits package is available which includes health, vision and dental plans; access to the campus child-care; and a defined-benefit retirement plan provided through the state system, along with optional tax-shelter opportunities. For a detailed description of benefits, go to: http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCareplans.php
A complete online application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 9425BR to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
- A letter of application
- A current curriculum vitae
- Unofficial graduate transcripts, writing sample, teaching portfolio (philosophy, student/peer ratings, syllabi)
- Three letters of recommendation (see the following instructions)
On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three references who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. They will immediately receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back in to the recruitment system.
For further information, please contact Dr. Jon Bruschke, Search Committee Chair at email@example.com or call 657-278-3272.
Review of applications begins March 15, 2017 and continues until the position is filled. For full consideration, all application materials must be received by April 15, 2017.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.