Social Work with Latinx Populations
The Department of Social Work at California State University, Fullerton, invites applications for Assistant Professor. This is a 10-month full-time tenure-track position to begin Fall 2017. CSUF values and is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse community. CSUF is designated as a Hispanic-serving institution. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate through their teaching, research and/or service that they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community. The Department offers a master’s degree in social work (MSW), with concentrations in child welfare, community mental health, and aging. The Department facilitates two MSW programs: a two-year model at the Fullerton main campus and a three-year model at the university’s Irvine campus. For a description of the programs and courses, see http://hhd.fullerton.edu/MSW/.
The Department of Social Work is recruiting one faculty member with expertise in social work practice with Latinx populations. The appointee should also have expertise in social work practice in one or more of the Department’s concentration areas (child welfare, community mental health, and aging). The appointee will teach a range of courses within the curriculum in the areas of social work practice, including a practice elective focusing on social work with Latinx populations. The individual who is hired will be expected to conduct and publish research, and seek external funding. Additional responsibilities will include participating in university, college, and department service committees. The appointee will be expected to teach in both the Fullerton and Irvine campus programs.
- PhD in social welfare/social work or related field. ABD’s may apply but must show evidence that the degree will be completed by the time of appointment;
- Master’s degree in social work from a CSWE-accredited social work program;
- Two years post-MSW direct social work practice experience;
- Social work practice experience with Latinx populations;
- Spanish-language proficient;
- Evidence of the ability to conduct independent research;
- Commitment and willingness to seeking external funding;
- The ability to work effectively and collegially with a culturally diverse range of students, staff, faculty, and community; and
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- Previous university-level teaching experience;
- Record of publication commensurate with career status; and
- Experience mentoring students in independent research projects.
Rank and Salary
This is a tenure-track, full-time assistant professor position (10-month academic year). Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. An excellent, comprehensive benefits package is available which includes health/vision/dental plans, spouse, domestic partner and/or dependent fee-waiver; access to campus child-care; and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system. For a detailed description of benefits, go to http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.php
A complete online application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 9408BR to begin the application process and provide following materials:
- a letter of interest relating your experience to the qualifications
- curriculum vitae
- graduate transcripts
- teaching evaluations
- three letters of reference (see instructions below)
On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. They will immediately receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back in to the recruitment system.
For more information about the position, please contact the Department of Social Work at (657) 278-7125 or email Dr. Mikyong Kim-Goh, Search Committee Chair at email@example.com.
Application review begins immediately. To ensure full consideration, application materials must be submitted by April 7, 2017. Position is open until filled.
Multiple positions may be hired from this recruitment based on the strength of the applicant pool.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.