Audit, Tax, Cost, and Accounting Information Systems
California State University, Fullerton values and is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse community. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate through their teaching, research or service that they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community.
The Department of Accounting at California State University, Fullerton, is separately accredited by AACSB and offers both undergraduate and Master’s programs. We invite applications for multiple tenure-track positions at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor with appointment starting in Fall 2017.
We are seeking applicants who have expertise in the areas of Audit, Tax, Cost, and Accounting Information Systems. The successful candidates will teach undergraduate and graduate students and are expected to advise students, serve on committees and engage in activities that benefit the department, University, and community. Positive tenure and promotion decisions require excellent teaching, substantial service, on-going commitment to research, and other creative/scholarly activities of a peer reviewed nature. For more detailed information about the Department please visit our website at http://business.fullerton.edu/accounting/
- Candidates must have an earned Ph.D. in accounting (by the time of appointment).
- Evidence of strong instructional and computer skills.
- An ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide and culturally diverse range of students, faculty, and staff.
- An ability to balance excellent teaching with outstanding scholarship and professional service.
- Preference is given to candidates who hold certification and who have professional experience.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Rank and Salary
These positions are expected to be appointed at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, tenure-track. The position comes with a competitive salary commensurate with rank, experience and qualifications. CSU Fullerton offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes health/vision/dental plans; spouse, domestic partner, and/or dependent fee-waiver; access to campus child-care; and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system, along with optional tax-sheltering opportunities. For a detailed description of benefits, go to: http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.php
A complete on-line application must be received by electronic submission in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to http://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 8866BR to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
- Letter of interest (relating your experience to the required qualifications)
- Curriculum vitae
- Unofficial graduate transcripts
- Recent publications
- Examples of technology usage in teaching
- Three letters of reference (see instruction below)
On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential
letter of reference for your application. They will immediately receive a request via email along with information on uploading
the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF
by logging back in to the recruitment system.
Please direct all questions about the position to: Dr. Betty Chavis, Department Chair at email@example.com or call (657) 278-2225.
Applications may be considered until positions are filled. Review of applications will begin on August 15, 2016.
Multiple positions may be hired from this recruitment based on the strength of the applicant pool.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.