California State University, Fullerton is committed to building a diverse community. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community.
The Department of Psychology at California State University, Fullerton, invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Experimental Psychology. The position begins in August 2017.
This position is for a psychologist with a strong emphasis in both teaching and research; Experimental Psychologist with a focus on biopsychology, sensation & perception, or learning & memory. The teaching repertoire of the individuals will include introductory and intermediate undergraduate level statistics and research methods courses, undergraduate upper-division psychology courses within their specialty area, and master’s level research methods and seminar courses within their area of expertise. The individuals will supervise students in research activities, both undergraduate and graduate, including chairing master's theses.
Possess a Ph.D. in Psychology by the start of appointment. Candidates must have and present evidence of:
- Excellent teaching at the college level
- The ability to interact effectively with a wide and culturally diverse range of students
- Scholarship leading to publication and potential for external funding
- A commitment to developing a strong research program that involves undergraduate and graduate students
- Ability to balance excellent teaching, scholarship, and professional service
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Rank and Salary
The positions will be at the rank of Assistant Professor, tenure-track. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Salary is subject to budgetary authorization and any California State University System faculty contract increases. Additional teaching in summer and intersession is often available. An excellent comprehensive benefits package is available that includes health/vision/dental plans; spouse, domestic partner and dependent fee-waiver; access to campus child-care; and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system along with optional tax sheltering opportunities. For a detailed description of benefits, go to http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.php
A complete on-line application/resume must be received by electronic submission in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 8802BR to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
- letter of application in which you respond to the required qualifications
- curriculum vitae
- research statement in which you describe your research program and discuss how students can be incorporated into your research
- reprints and preprints of publications and presentations
- teaching portfolio including a teaching statement, course syllabi, and teaching evaluation summaries
- three letters of recommendation (see instruction below)
On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. They will immediately receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back in to the recruitment system.
Please direct questions to Linda Pabon firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of “Tenure-Track Faculty Search.”
Completed applications received by September 30, 2016, will be assured of receiving full consideration.
Multiple positions may be hired from this recruitment based on the strength of the applicant pool.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.