Assistant Coach– 10 Month
- Reports directly to the Head Volleyball Coach
- Assist with coaching a highly competitive women’s volleyball program which competes in the NCAA Division I Big West Conference
- Must be committed to the academic goals of the University and follow the rules and guidelines set forth by the NCAA and the Big West Conference
- Assist with recruitment of Division I quality student-athletes
- Assist with monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes
- Assist with day-to-day training of blocking and outside/right side hitter development
- Assist with general administrative duties
- Work in conjunction with the head coach regarding travel coordination, scheduling, and practice planning
- Take an active role in marketing women’s volleyball on campus and within the community through public appearances and promotional efforts
- Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree desired
- 2-5 years of successful experience working in collegiate athletics
- Experience in recruiting prospective student-athletes in California at the university level
- Committed to the retention and academic success of the student-athletes
- Ability to work, communicate and develop rapport with students, alumni, administration and community groups
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of Data-Volley and Volley-Metrics programs
Rank & Salary
The classification for this position is Coaching Assistant, and is in the faculty bargaining unit. This is a 10-month, full time position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. CSU Fullerton offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes health/vision/dental plans and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system. For a detailed description of faculty benefits go to: http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.php
A complete online application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 11190BR to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
1. letter of application
3. three letters of recommendation
4. names/addresses/phone numbers of three current professional references
Do not enter information on the References page of the online application.
Review of applications begin upon receipt, however all applications received by May 1, 2019 will receive full consideration. Position will remain open until filled.
Multiple positions may be hired from this recruitment based on the strength of the
A background check (including criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.