- Assist with coaching a highly competitive men’s basketball program which competes in the NCAA Division I Big West Conference
- Assist with recruiting Division I quality student-athletes
- Assist with monitoring the academic progress of student-athletes
- Assist with developing a plan for yearly implementation of offensive and defensive philosophies
- Know and abide by NCAA, University & Big West rules and regulations
- Scout and conduct statistical analysis of recruits and opponents
- Work harmoniously with the Strength & Conditioning Coach to assist and monitor student athletes’ year-round training and conditioning development
- Work in conjunction with the head coach regarding travel coordination, scheduling, and practice planning
- Take an active role in marketing men’s basketball on campus and within the community through public appearances and promotional efforts
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three years’ experience working with a Division I men’s basketball program required
- Ability to recruit highly skilled student-athletes and a demonstrated commitment to their satisfactory academic progress
- Knowledge of various scouting and video editing software systems
- Possession of excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to interact successfully with a wide and culturally diverse range of students and to work harmoniously with students and colleagues
Rank & Salary
The classification for this position is Coaching Specialist, and is in the faculty bargaining unit. This is a 12-month, full time position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. CSU Fullerton offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes health/vision/dental plans and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system. For a detailed description of faculty benefits go to: http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.php
A complete online application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 11167BR to begin the application process and upload the following materials:
- letter of application
- three letters of recommendation
- names/addresses/phone numbers of three current professional references
Do not enter information on the Reference page of the online application.
Review of applications begin upon receipt, however, all applications submitted by May 6, 2019 will receive full consideration. Position will remain open until filled.
Multiple positions may be hired from this recruitment based on the strength of the applicant pool.
A background check (including criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.