- Reports directly to the Head Volleyball Coach
- Assist with coaching a highly competitive women’s volleyball program which competes in the NCAA Division I Big West Conference
- Must be committed to the academic goals of the University and follow the rules and guidelines set forth by the NCAA and the Big West Conference
- Serve as recruiting coordinator for recruitment of quality Division I student-athletes
- Assist with video breakdown and game planning
- Assist with day-to-day training and specific positional training as designated by the Head Coach
- Assist with monitoring the academic progress of current student-athletes
- Assist with the pre-enrollment process
- Take an active role in marketing women’s volleyball on campus and within the community through public appearances and promotional efforts
- Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree desired
- Successful experience working in collegiate athletics
- Committed to the retention and academic success of the student-athletes
- Ability to work, communicate and develop rapport with students, alumni, administration and community groups
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of NCAA Division I rules and regulations.
- Proficient in Data Volley/Data Project and/or other editing software
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Rank & Salary
The classification for this position is in the faculty bargaining unit. This is a 12-month, full time position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. CSU Fullerton offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes health/vision/dental plans and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system. For a detailed description of faculty benefits go to: http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.php
January 18, 2019
A complete online application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 10956BR to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
- letter of application
- three letters of recommendation
- names/addresses/phone numbers of three current professional references
On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. They will immediately receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back in to the recruitment system.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Applications received by January 31, 2019 will be given full consideration. Position will remain open until filled.
Employment is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a fingerprint/live scan background check and proof of eligibility to work in the United States. The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with requirement set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.