Director, School of Nursing
The School of Nursing (SON) at California State University, Fullerton invites applications for a Director at the rank of tenured Professor. We seek an individual whose strengths best complement the distinctive character of our program and are especially interested in candidates who can provide vision and leadership to the diversity and excellence of our academic community through past experiences in nursing education and administration, teaching, research, creative activities, and service. The appointment will begin Fall 2019.
The SON consists of 10 degree options in undergraduate and graduate programs, including a Doctor of Nursing Practice program. All existing programs are CCNE-accredited, and are recognized as being innovative, community-based, and student-centric. The undergraduate program includes traditional BSN programs, (i.e. freshman entry and accelerated pathway) and an RN to BSN completion program. The master's program has specialties in women's health care (nurse practitioner and midwifery), leadership, nursing education, and school nursing. Our DNP program is offered in a consortium with CSUF, CSULB, and CSULA. The SON is committed to providing an engaging learning environment for its diverse student body. For detailed information about our programs visit our website http://nursing.fullerton.edu/
The successful candidate will be working in a premiere nursing learning community in Southern California that enrolls a culturally diverse student body and has a nationally recognized faculty. The primary responsibility will be the administration of the undergraduate and graduate programs; details of the position are described below. This director-level position should maintain a firm commitment to valuing diversity and inclusion perspectives, policy, and practices, in addition to demonstrating a professional track record that reflects that commitment. The Director would join an experienced and cohesive, collegial team that highly values innovation and collaboration in the school, college and university settings.
- Administers all aspects of the SON including budget, operations, record keeping, and university policies and procedures. Oversees program and curriculum development, implementation and evaluation; coordinates scheduling of classes and clinical rotations, and student advising; and supports systems that assist students with communication and psychomotor skills, related clinical application of selected content areas, as well as theses/doctoral projects; examinations and other culminating experiences. Coordinates faculty retention, tenure and promotion process for SON; and serves as the SON liaison to community organizations.
- Demonstrates creative, innovative, and visionary attributes that inspire and influence others
- Cultivates work and learning environments that encourage and support individual, group and organizational leadership.
- Creates strategies that foster an engaged and high-performing faculty and staff
- Directs SON strategic plan and incorporates initiatives that reflect the SON vision, mission and values
- Articulates personal philosophy and leadership attributes that supports the SON and is evident in communication and decision making
- Demonstrates an active research and scholarly agenda and disseminates new knowledge and innovations to local, state, national, and international professional learning communities
- Actively participates in professional and community groups, committees, and governance
- Liaisons with accrediting, regulatory, and licensing bodies to ensure compliance with all standards
- Creates a healthy work environment for staff and faculty
- Collaborates with the Dean’s office and college department chairs to support all aspects of the College of Health and Human Development
- Earned doctoral degree from an accredited institution, with either Master degree or Doctorate in nursing from an accredited institution
- Must hold or be eligible for licensure by the California Board of Registered Nurses
- Evidence of current scholarly activity commensurate with rank of tenured Professor
- Experience in administration of academic program(s) that address health disparities, population health, and cultural awareness at baccalaureate and graduate levels
- History of successful outcomes with accreditation, licensing, and regulatory requirements
- Evidence of leadership and research development for staff and faculty
- Ability and interest to interact successfully within a diverse and multicultural environment and to work harmoniously with students, colleagues, and the community
- Maintains currency and relevance in online education support, technology, learning plans and expected outcomes
- Experience in administration of academic program(s) at doctoral level
- Teaching and curriculum development experience
- Experience in using distance education methodologies, particularly web-based work
- Leadership in extramural fund-raising and grant administration
Rank & Salary
This is a tenured position at the rank of Professor. Salary is subject to budgetary authorization and any California State University System faculty contract increases. An excellent comprehensive benefits package is available which includes health/vision/dental plans; spouse, domestic partner and/or dependent fee-waiver, access to campus child care, and defined retirement benefits along with optional tax sheltering opportunities. For a detailed description of benefits, go to http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.php
A complete online application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 10935BR to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
- Letter of application describing qualifications to lead the SON based on educational and experiential evidence in leadership, teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Current curriculum vitae
- Copies of most recent student evaluations with interpretive information
- Master’s and Doctoral work transcript(s)
- Three letters of reference (see instruction below)
- Diversity statement - this statement should provide an understanding of your capabilities to address diversity in support of CSUF’s diverse student and community populations. Please discuss how you have addressed diversity in your teaching, research, leadership, and/or service such that the committee is able to assess your ability to contribute to our campus in this area (approximately one page, single-spaced).
On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. They will immediately receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back in to the recruitment system.
Please direct all questions about the position to: Lolita Hartono, Office Manager, SON at email@example.com or call (657) 278-7461.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. To be assured full consideration, all application materials must be received by April 15, 2019.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.