The School of Nursing (SON) at California State University, Fullerton invites applications for a full-time tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor faculty position with appointment beginning Fall 2019. We seek an individual whose strengths best complement the distinctive character of our program and are especially interested in candidates who can provide vision and leadership to the diversity and excellence of our academic community through past experiences in nursing education and administration, teaching, research, creative activities, and service.
The SON consists of 10 degree options in undergraduate and graduate programs, with a Doctor of Nursing Practice program. All existing programs are CCNE-accredited, and are recognized as being innovative, community-based, and student-centric. The undergraduate program includes traditional BSN programs; i.e. freshman entry, accelerated pathway, and an RN to BSN completion program. The master's program has specialties in women's health care (nurse practitioner and midwifery), leadership, nursing education, and school nursing. Our DNP program is a consortium with CSUF, CSULB, and CSULA. The SON is committed to providing an engaging learning environment for its diverse student body. For detailed information about our programs visit our website http://nursing.fullerton.edu/
The successful candidate will be working in a premiere nursing learning community in Southern California that enrolls a culturally diverse student body and has a nationally recognized faculty. The primary responsibility will be coordination and administration of teaching a range of courses across the curriculum in the undergraduate and/or graduate programs; details of the position are described below. This position will require a firm commitment to valuing diversity and inclusion perspectives, policy, and practices, in addition to demonstrating a professional track record that reflects that commitment. The faculty in this position would join an experienced and cohesive collegial team that highly values innovation, and collaboration in the School, College, and University settings.
- Supports students with communication and psychomotor skills, related clinical application of selected content areas, examinations, as well as theses/projects and/or doctoral projects, and other culminating experiences
- Participates in traditional, hybrid, and online education
- Maintains currency and relevance in online education, learning plans, and expected outcomes
- Philosophy supports the integration of nursing leadership theories and models into student communication, decision making, and development
- Cultivates work and learning environments that encourages and supports diversity
- Takes part in student advisement
- Participates in curriculum development, implementation and evaluation and instructs courses in assigned areas of expertise
- Conducts on-going research/scholarly activity in area of expertise and disseminates findings
- Joins in academic activities at School, College, and University levels
- Active participant in professional and community groups, committees, and governance
- Earned doctoral degree from an accredited institution, with either Master degree or Doctorate in nursing or BSN to doctorate from an accredited institution by the start of appointment
- Must hold or be eligible for licensure by the California Board of Registered Nurses
- Evidence of the ability to conduct independent research
- Commitment and willingness to seek external funding
- Ability to interact successfully within an inclusive, diverse, and multicultural environment and to work harmoniously with students, colleagues, and the community
- National certification
- Teaching and curriculum development experience
- Currency in using distance education methodologies, particularly web-based work
- Leadership in extramural fund-raising and grant administration
Rank & Salary
This is a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. Salary and rank are commensurate with experience and qualifications. Moving expenses and start-up funds may be available. Salary is subject to budgetary authorization and any California State University System faculty contract increases. Additional teaching in summer is often available. An excellent comprehensive benefits package is available which includes health/vision/dental plans; spouse, domestic partner and/or dependent fee-waiver; access to campus child care, based on availability of opening; and defined retirement benefits along with optional tax sheltering opportunities. For a detailed description of benefits, go to http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.php
A complete online application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 10823BR to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
- Letter of application describing qualifications to teach in specific area(s) of interest/specialization and a teaching philosophy statement
- Current curriculum vitae
- Copies of student evaluations with interpretive information from all courses taught over past two years
- Master’s and Doctoral work transcript(s)
- Documentation of scholarly agenda
- Three letters of reference (see instruction below)
- Diversity statement - this statement should provide an understanding of your capabilities to address diversity in support of CSUF’s diverse student and community populations. Please discuss how you have addressed diversity in your teaching, research, and/or service such that the committee is able to assess your ability to contribute to our campus in this area (approximately one page, single-spaced).
On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. They will immediately receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back in to the recruitment system.
Please direct all questions about the position to: Lolita Hartono, Office Manager, SON at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (657) 278-7461.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the positions are filled. To be assured full consideration, all application materials must be received by February 10, 2019.
Multiple positions may be hired from this recruitment based on the strength of the applicant pool.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.