Electronic Resources Librarian
The Pollak Library at California State University Fullerton, a nationally recognized Hispanic serving institution (HSI), invites applications for a tenure-track Electronic Resources Librarian to join our dedicated community of librarians, staff, and student assistants. CSUF values and is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse community. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate through their teaching, research and/or service that they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our communities.
We serve a total of more than 40,000 students as well as approximately 4,000 faculty and staff. Our website (http://www.library.fullerton.edu) is a vital component of the Library’s extensive instruction program and serves as a gateway to resources: including 1.3 million books, government documents, and audiovisual materials; over 50,000 periodicals available electronically or in print; and 200 electronic databases. The staff includes 23 FTE librarians, 35 FTE paraprofessionals, and 80 student assistants.
As a member of the Collections and Scholarly Communications Unit, the Electronic Resources (ER) Librarian takes the leadership role in the management of the Library’s electronic resources. In close collaboration with personnel from various Library units and communication with colleagues across the California State University (CSU) system, the ER Librarian coordinates support for the acquisition, processing, and maintenance of electronic resources throughout their life cycle. The successful candidate will oversee the maintenance of electronic resource processes in Alma and ensure discovery via Primo. The ER Librarian will implement and administer tools, features, and programs that enhance and improve electronic resource access and usability.
Librarians at CSUF have faculty status and are expected to meet promotion and tenure requirements, including scholarly and professional activities.
- Manages the workflow related to updating and maintaining electronic resource related information in Alma, Primo Central Index, EZ-Proxy and other ER-related applications.
- With the Collection Development and Acquisitions Librarians, participates in the licensing workflow.
- Serves as the technical expert for Alma related ER processes, Primo Central Index, and EZProxy, and oversees the management of each.
- Collaborates with various library units to troubleshoot ER related issues and to update Alma, Xerxes, Primo Back Office, and other ER related applications.
- Ensures the accurate recording and maintenance of all administrative data for the Library’s electronic resources.
- Assists users by troubleshooting electronic resource problems.
- Conducts research and analysis of products, aggregators, and services, providing technical reviews as needed.
- Generates usage reports for electronic resources and contributes to a variety of data analysis projects, utilizing Alma features such as SUSHI harvesting and Alma Analytics as well as platform usage reports.
- Contributes to the assessment and evaluation of electronic resources and their delivery systems.
- Monitors developments in the e-publishing industry, trends in the management and provision of library information resources and related issues.
- Leads regular electronic resource working group meetings.
- Serves on department, library, and university committees.
- Master’s degree in library and/or information science from an ALA-accredited institution or equivalent institution by the time of appointment.
- Experience supporting the management and/or acquisition of electronic resources in an academic or research library.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, implement and adapt to evolving technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate user needs and seek ways of providing satisfactory solutions.
- Ability to read and synthesize technical documentation and explore solutions independently.
- Evidence of interest in professional and scholarly activities.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectiveness in balancing multiple assignments and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to interact collaboratively and work effectively with cross-organizational teams.
- Ability to interact effectively in a multicultural environment with co-workers, library users, discipline faculty, and the wider campus community.
- Experience with electronic resource management in Alma, the Primo Central Index, and/or the Primo back office, or similar systems and knowledge bases.
- Experience supervising or training in the use of new technologies.
- Experience working in a consortial environment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily
before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily
complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued
employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Rank & Salary
The position will be at the rank of Senior Assistant Librarian. Salary range will be from $65,364 to $69,360, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent comprehensive benefits are available and include health/vision/dental plans, optional 10/12 month work year; defined-benefit retirement through the state system, along with optional tax-sheltering opportunities; as well as access to campus child-care, based on availability of openings. For a detailed description of benefits, go to http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.php
January 2, 2019
A complete online application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 10712BR to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
- Letters of interest (relating your experience to the required qualifications)
- Curriculum vitae
- A statement of commitment in working with a diverse student, faculty, colleagues, and community.
- Three letters of reference (see instruction below)
On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. They will immediately receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back in to the recruitment system.
Please direct all questions about the position to: Katie Steben at email@example.com or call 657-278-4067.
For full consideration, all application materials should be received by October 31, 2018. Position will remain open until filled.
California State University, Fullerton is the largest of 23 campuses, which comprise the California State University system. The campus is located in northern Orange County, convenient to numerous cultural and recreational sites throughout Southern California. As a comprehensive university, CSUF offers baccalaureate degrees in 57 fields of knowledge, graduate (master’s level) work in 52 programs, credential programs for teachers, and doctoral degrees in education (Ed.D.) and nursing practice (DNP). The University’s Web site is located at: http://www.fullerton.edu.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.