The Computer Engineering Program in the College of Engineering and Computer Science at California State University, Fullerton (CSUF) invites dynamic faculty candidates to apply for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position to begin August 2019. CSUF values and is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse community. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate through their teaching, research, or service that they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community.
The program offers undergraduate, graduate, and a 4-year Integrated BS/MS degree in Computer Engineering. CSUF is an urban university located in Orange County, surrounded by high technology industry and a diverse community. For more information about the program, please visit our website at: http://www.fullerton.edu/ecs/cpe
The primary professional responsibilities of this instructional faculty member are: teaching all levels of computer engineering courses for majors and non-majors, advise students, research, and/or creative activity, service to the academic committees, and contribution to the Program and University governance. The successful candidate is expected to be a team player willing to contribute to the mission of the Computer Engineering Program, College of Engineering and Computer Science, and the University. Positive tenure and promotion decisions require excellent teaching, research, refereed publishing, and participation in the university and the profession.
Areas of specialization
All areas related to computer engineering will be considered.
- An earned Ph.D. with undergraduate and graduate degrees in computer engineering or in electrical engineering with sub-specialization in computer engineering. Successful candidates must provide evidence of terminal degree by the first day of employment for commencing the tenure track positions.
- Ability to teach undergraduate and graduate courses as well as computer hardware-based laboratory courses.
- Recent research experience as evidenced by publications in refereed venues within the last three years.
- Ability and willingness to promote undergraduate and graduate student success through research, mentorship, advising, co‐curricular activities, and other high impact practices.
- Ability to work effectively and collegially with a wide and culturally diverse range of students, staff, faculty, and community.
- High potential to develop and pursue an independent externally funded research program involving undergraduate and Master’s students.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status or continuation of employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Rank & Salary
The position will be at the rank of Assistant Professor (tenure-track). Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Moving expenses and start-up funds may be available. CSU Fullerton operates on a semester system that enables faculty to teach in January and/or during the summer for additional salary. Faculty may also apply for intramural grants to do research during those months. An excellent comprehensive benefits package is available which includes health/vision/dental plans, spouse, domestic partner and/or dependent fee-waiver, access to campus child-care, and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system, along with optional tax-sheltering opportunities. For a detailed description of benefits, go to: http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.php
A complete on-line application/resume must be received by electronic submission in order to receive consideration. To apply, go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 10587BR to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
- Cover letter describing teaching and research experiences and interest
- Sample syllabi and recent publication relevant to the position
- A statement about your experiences, successes, and challenges as well as your commitment to teaching or working with a diverse student population (approximately one page, single-spaced).
- Current curriculum vitae
- A list of names and contact information for three references.
- An unofficial copy of your academic transcript from the university that has granted or will grant your Ph.D.
The finalists for the position will be contacted and are required to submit original graduate transcripts and three current confidential letters of recommendation (see instruction below).
On the Reference page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three references that will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. They will immediately receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSU, Fullerton by logging back in to the recruitment system. However, letters of recommendation are not required for the initial review.
For questions about the position, please contact (657) 278-5987 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin immediately. To receive full consideration, please submit all materials by November 1st, 2018. Position is open until filled.
Multiple positions may be hired from this recruitment based on the strength of the applicant pool.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.