Assistant or Associate Professor (Tenure-Track)
The Department of Social Work at California State University, Fullerton (CSUF), invites applications for Assistant or Associate Professor. This is a 10-month full-time tenure-track position to begin Fall 2019. Officially designated as a Hispanic-serving institution, CSUF values and is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse community. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate through their teaching, research and/or service that they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community. The Department offers a master’s degree in social work (MSW), with concentrations in child welfare, community mental health, and aging. The Department facilitates two MSW programs: a two-year model at the Fullerton main campus and a three-year model at the CSUF Irvine Center. For a description of the programs and courses, see http://hhd.fullerton.edu/MSW/.
The Department of Social Work is recruiting a faculty member with expertise in social work practice, policy, or research in one or more of the Department’s concentration areas (child welfare, community mental health, and aging). The primary professional responsibilities of this instructional faculty member are: teaching a range of courses within the curriculum in the areas of social work practice, policy, or research in both the Fullerton and Irvine Center programs; conduct and publish research as well as seek external funding; service to the department, college, university, profession, and community.
- PhD in social welfare/social work or a related field. ABD’s may apply but must show evidence that the degree will be completed by the time of appointment;
- Master’s degree in social work from a CSWE-accredited social work program;Experience in social work practice, policy, or research with Latinx populations;
- Evidence of the ability to conduct independent research;
- Commitment and willingness to seek external funding; and
- The ability to work effectively and collegially with a culturally diverse group of students, staff, faculty, and community.
- Two years post-MSW direct social work practice experience;
- Proficiency in the Spanish language;
- Previous university-level teaching experience, particularly in practice courses; and
- Record of publication commensurate with career status.
Rank and Salary
This is a tenure-track position at assistant or associate professor level (10-month academic year). Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with rank, experience, and qualifications. Intramural research grants, moving expenses, start-up funds, and reduced teaching load may be available. An excellent, comprehensive benefits package is available which includes health/vision/dental plans, spouse, domestic partner and/or dependent fee-waiver; access to campus child-care; and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system. For a detailed description of benefits, go to http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.php
A complete online application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 10575BR to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
- A letter of interest relating your experience to the qualifications
- Curriculum vitae
- Diversity statement: This statement should provide an understanding of your capabilities to address diversity in support of CSUF’s diverse student and community populations. Please discuss how you have addressed diversity in your teaching, research, and/or service such that the committee is able to assess your ability to contribute to our campus in this area.
- Graduate transcripts
- Teaching evaluations
- Three letters of reference (see instructions below)
On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. They will immediately receive a request via email along with information on how to upload the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back in to the recruitment system.
For more information about the position, please contact the Department of Social Work at (657) 278-7125 or email Dr. Mikyong Kim-Goh, Search Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application review begins immediately. To ensure full consideration, application materials must be submitted by November 15, 2018. Position is open until filled.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.