Head Coach - 12 Month
- Coach and administer a highly competitive women’s golf program which competes in the NCAA Division I Big West Conference
- Recruit Division I quality student-athletes
- Know and abide by NCAA rules and regulations
- Oversee and monitor team practices and student-athlete academic progress
- Work in conjunction with athletics administration regarding budget and scheduling of opponents
- Take an active role in marketing women’s golf on campus and within the community through public appearances and promotional efforts
- Develop relationships within the community to assist with raising funds to support the program as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience in coaching highly competitive Division I women’s golf program
- Demonstrated ability to recruit Division I level student-athletes
- Demonstrated commitment to satisfactory academic progress and graduation
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- Possession of excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide and culturally diverse range of students and to work harmoniously with students and colleagues
- Experience in managing a budget and formulating an intercollegiate women’s golf schedule
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Rank & Salary
The classification for this position is in the faculty bargaining unit. This is a 12-month, full time position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications. CSU Fullerton offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package which includes health/vision/dental plans and a defined-benefit retirement through the state system. For a detailed description of faculty benefits go to: http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.php
A complete online application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 10482BR to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
1. letter of application
3. three letters of recommendation
4. names/addresses/phone numbers of three current professional references
Do not enter information on the Reference page of the online application.
Application review will begin immediately. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is hired.
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.