The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders at California State University, Fullerton, invites applications for a tenure-track assistant/associate professor beginning in August 2019. The Department strives to further CSUF’s identity as an institution that welcomes and embraces diversity.
We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate through their teaching, research or service that they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our community.
Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate/graduate courses in communicative disorders with an emphasis in Augmentative Alternative Communication (AAC). Faculty members are expected to engage in a systematic program of scholarly research, actively participate in faculty governance, serve on committees, develop curriculum, provide academic advisement, and engage in activities that benefit the university/community in ways that support an equitable and inclusive environment for colleagues and students.
- Doctorate in speech-language pathology, speech science, or its equivalent (primary expertise in AAC and additional expertise in at least one of the following areas: multicultural concerns, neurogenic disorders, autism spectrum disorder, research methods, or pediatric medical SLP; strong candidate in other areas of expertise will be considered; ABD will be considered but must have doctorate completed before appointment date.
- Earned ASHA CCC-SLP and qualified for immediate California licensure in speech-language pathology.
- Experience and evidence of teaching effectiveness in the area of AAC.
- Evidence of research potential leading to scholarly publications in the area of AAC.
- Must have an established record of research productivity and clinical expertise to be appointed at the associate level.
- Must be able to interact successfully with students, staff, and colleagues within a diverse academic learning community with a strong global orientation.
- Research that integrates evidence-based practice
- Experience in clinical supervision in the university setting or with students in programs
- Demonstrated teaching experience with a diverse student population
- Demonstrated awareness and sensitivity to all aspects of cultural diversity/difference
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Rank and Salary
This is a tenure-track position at assistant or associate professor level. Salary is highly competitive and commensurate with rank, experience and qualifications. Summer research grants, moving expenses, start-up funds, and reduced teaching load may be available. An excellent comprehensive benefits package is available, which includes health, vision and dental plans; spouse, domestic partner and/or dependent fee waiver; access to campus child-care; and a defined-benefit retirement plan provided through the state system, along with optional tax-sheltering opportunities. For a summary of the description of benefits, go to http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.php
August 2019 or later
A complete on-line application must be submitted in order to receive consideration. To apply, please go to http://apps.fullerton.edu/facultyrecruitment to view all job listings and select 10419BR to begin the application process and provide the following materials:
- A cover letter describing your experience with the required and preferred (if applicable) qualifications, including a student success statement about your teaching or other experiences, successes, and challenges in teaching or working with a diverse student population
- Student evaluations of teaching and other evidence of teaching effectiveness if available
- A current curriculum vitae
- A minimum of three letters of recommendation (see instructions below)
On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide confidential letters of reference for your application. They will immediately receive a request via email along with information on uploading their letters. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back in to the recruitment system.
Application review begins October 1, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised July 21, 2017 as a condition of employment.
California State University Fullerton celebrates all forms of diversity and is deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment within which students, staff, administrators and faculty thrive. Individuals interested in advancing the University’s strategic diversity goals are strongly encouraged to apply. EEO employer. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose.